Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Episode 5

In Independent Restaurant
Fiona: So, will you be going for the dinner?
Ulysses: Sister, please don’t make things difficult for me. I don’t want to meet daddy.
Fiona:(Shake head) You see, you still regard him as your dad. Father and sons won’t bear any grudges. Daddy is getting old, just give in to him. It has been years already. Just forgive and forget, my dear brother.
Ulysses: Hey guys, let’s eat!
Caleb: Brother…
Ulysses: I’m in a good mood today. Don’t spoil my mood!
(Caleb, Fiona & Kennedy looked at one another)

In Won’s Mansion
Won Xin: So it looks like he doesn’t want to turn up for my birthday dinner?
Fiona: Sadly to say, yes! Last night, the 3 of us went for a dinner with him. He just wanted to avoid it.
Won Xin: It seems that our relationship will persist like that.
Fiona: (Smile) No, dad. I grow up with Ulysses. He does care for you. There is still a way actually.
Won Xin: What idea do you have?
Fiona: You go and look for him, then…
Won Xin: (Shouted) No way Fiona!
Fiona: Dad, listen to me!
Won Xin: How can the father beg the son?
Fiona: Dad, please listen to me first. You have been wanting to have a family reunion. You just go and talk to Ulysses if you want. I think this is the best way.
Won Xin: Let me consider.

In Caleb’s office
Candice: Good morning boss!
Caleb: Hey Candice, I have some questions to ask you.
Candice: Is it regarding the European exhibition?
Caleb: Nope, my brother told me that he has a friend who is going Paris, so he hoped that you can write a list of commonly used French.
Candice: Do I get OT pay for that?
Caleb: You have been my secretary for few months, are you so particular about this?
Candice: (Pretend) Yes, I’m very particular.
Caleb: I give you a gift then (Digging his drawer)
(Candice is looking into the drawer)
Caleb: De-deng, ha-ha!
Candice: Is this box of half-used tissue paper my gift? (Puzzled)
Caleb: Yes take it, Miss Candice Kwek! (Laugh)
Candice: Okay then. I won’t help you.
(Someone knocks on the door)
Aunt Huan: Good morning vice-GM, can I discuss with you regarding the exhibition?
Caleb: Okay.
Aunt Huan: I have edited the power point slides and sent to GM & your email account.
Caleb: I have seen it already. I approve. I’ll ask Candice to translate it.
Aunt Huan: Okay, that’s good. So regarding the design of the exhibition hall?
Caleb: I admit that the idea of building an airplane cabin is good and attractive. Well, to employ him, we really have to pay a lot.
Aunt Huan: That’s what I’m thinking too. I think we really have to finalise the idea. If we choose to abandon this idea, we need to come up with something else.
Caleb: GM & I will make a decision regarding this.
(Aunt Huan went out)
Caleb: Candice, let’s go.
Candice: (Throwing tantrums) I’m just your secretary, not your slave. I don’t need to follow all the instructions what are given by you.
Caleb: If somebody doesn’t want to go for a Japanese lunch which is free, then she can stay here.
Candice: Wait! I go and grab my handbag.

In the Japanese restaurant
Caleb: So please don’t say that I bully you.
Candice: I didn’t expect a Cambridge student to have such a good sense of humour.
Caleb: You shouldn’t have such a stereotype.
Candice: Ha-ha. Hold on, let me pick up a call. Hello, what? You can’t go for the concerts? I help you to get hold of the tickets already. Forget it, bye!
Caleb: Are you talking about the concert performed by a band from Ireland?
Candice: You know about it?
Caleb: Yeah, I missed it when I was studying in Cambridge. I wanted to buy the tickets this time round when they are in Singapore. Well, I don’t have the time to purchase.
Candice: Let’s not waste it, do you want to join me tonight?
Caleb: Sure, we’ll go after work.

After the concert, Caleb is walking Candice home
Caleb: I’m so glad that I can watch it. Thanks!
Candice: I really cannot take it that a boss says thanks to his secretary.
Caleb: Then u must have enjoyed it.
Candice: Ha-ha, a little I believe. How on earth will there be a chance that the boss will say thanks to his secretary?
Caleb: You’re thinking too much. I’m just asking whether you have enjoyed the concert.
Candice: Whatever…(Shivering)
Caleb: I think you are cold, Wear my jacket.
Candice: Thanks so much.
Caleb: Don’t mention it. Actually after working hours, you can treat me as your friend, since we know each other for quite a while. You can call me Caleb.
Candice: All right then. So during your free time, what do you like to do?
Caleb: I love sports, kayaking and tennis in particular. I often played when I was in Cambridge. I’m rather busy now, so I don’t really do sports. That’s why you see, I’m getting fatter and fatter.
Candice: Not really, you still look fitter than many guys. I play tennis too. Let’s play tennis one day.
Caleb: Maybe when we are less busy.
Candice: This is my house. Thanks for walking me home. See you tomorrow!
Caleb: Take care. (Caleb walked away)
Candice: He is quite a nice guy actually. Oh my god, I’m still wearing his jacket.
(Candice ran down the street)
Candice: Caleb…… I don’t see him.
Caleb: (In his car) Oh, I forget to take my jacket back.

To be continued
(Next episode on 2/11)

No comments: