Friday, November 2, 2007

Episode 6

In Green Plain Organisation conference room, a meeting between directors
Won Xin: The reason for me to hold this meeting is to discuss about the budget for the European Exhibition. I understand from the European department that you all have exceeded the budget.
Kennedy: Yes dad, we have to employ the world famous designer, Mr. Leo to assist in the design of the exhibition hall. Everybody, please take a look at the file. We really need Mr. Leo because he had done such a design of an airplane cabin.
Ouyang: I understand that you all need to attract the foreign investors. However, is it necessary?
Caleb: Yes, in our list of invited guest, there are still a number of them who are still considering if they want to turn up because they can’t find the attractive point of our exhibition.
Won Xin: Okay, I will give you all the green light. We will transfer more funds for you all. Remember, don’t screw up! (Serious)

In the European Exhibition meeting
Kennedy: Joey, take down the minutes for the meeting. I’ll start off. After discussion with Aunt Huan, vice GM and Du Lang, we choose to employ Leo as the designer for the cabin. We can look at the calculated cost for this exhibition done by Du Lang. We have exceeded the budget by 3%. We have brought up to the director board. They have agreed to this with 1 condition---we can’t screw it up.
Caleb: So who is responsible for employing Leo?
Dick: Vice GM, it’s me. He had agreed to the original price and we would pay him accordingly. He’ll be coming over tomorrow to discuss with us, regarding the design of the airplane cabin.
Aunt Huan: Our time is running short. The power-point slides are done. Once Leo has settled the design, our exhibition will be okay.

In Won’s mansion
Won Xin: Caleb & Kennedy, way to go! You all are doing well, keep it up!
Caleb & Kennedy: Thanks dad! (Happily)
Aunt Ying: Master, I need to apply 2 days leave 2 weeks later.
Fiona: Are you going for a holiday?
Aunt Ying: No, madam. My daughter is coming back from Italy. I need to fetch her and settle some stuffs with her.
Caleb: You mean Joyce?
Aunt Ying: (Smile) Yes. She studied in Rome for 3 years already. She would be coming back to further her career.
Won Xin: Little Joyce ah? I still remembered that when u all were young, Ying would bring her over to play with Fiona they all. It seemed to be yesterday. Time really flies.
Fiona: Yes, I still remember. Last time, when she was in primary school, she would come over to do homework and we would help each other.
Kennedy: Yes, I still remember she was really good friends with elder brother. Last time we all still teased them that they were together, and then…… (Caleb tapped him and asked him to stop talking.) Erm… Sorry!
Won Xin: So Ying, you take the leave. Remember to bring Joyce back for dinner one day!
Fiona: So daddy, have you considered what I suggested to you, regarding your birthday dinner that time?
Won Xin: (Act blur) Let’s eat!

In Kennedy’s office
Joey: GM, please take a look at the contract in your e-mail that will be signed by Mr. Leo later on.
Kennedy: Okay, no problem! What time will he be coming?
Joey: After lunch! GM, I go out first.
(Kennedy logs into his email, then he receives a call)
Kennedy: Hello, yes! Hello Mr. Tyler, how is life in Geneva? Ok… (Talk to you next time, bye!
Okay, I’ll print it out.

After lunch, in European department conference room
Joey: Let’s invite our GM Mr. Kennedy Won & Mr. Leo Li to sign the contract.
Leo: (Talk softly) They are really generous in the offering of money. They even double the pay which I ask for.
(Mr. Leo & Kennedy shake hand)
Kennedy: Mr. Leo, hope that we will have a happy working together!
Leo: Hope so, Mr. Won.

Back in Won’s mansion, in Won Xin’s bedroom
Won Xin looked at the old photos
Won Xin: They all have grown up already.
Flashback (When Ulysses was in primary school)
Won Xin: Ulysses, you are back from school?
Ulysses: Yes, daddy. (Holding on a box) Daddy, happy birthday! I bought you a tie.
Won Xin: I’m busy now. You put on the table.
Ulysses: (Glum) Okay then.

Ulysses: (Angry) Daddy, why do you throw the tie into the rubbish bin?
Won Xin: I don’t mean it. Sorry!
Ulysses: (Cry) I don’t care, you don’t treasure my gift. I hate you, daddy!

(When Ulysses completes his university)
Ulysses: I don’t want to enter Green Plain Organisation.
Won Xin: You have to, you are my son!
Ulysses: (Shouted) I hate the way you do business. You choose to stop working with Bell Company and because of that, they declare bankrupt and many people suffer. Do you know the CEO and his family committed suicide?
Won Xin: I didn’t foresee it, but this is a part of business.
Ulysses: I won’t work with you.
Won Xin: Okay, you step out of the mansion and don’t come back anymore!

Back to the present
Won Xin: (Took out the tie from his wardrobe) Is Fiona right? The only way to ask him back is to make a trip to his restaurant by myself?

In Independent Restaurant
Zhu Zai: Hey bubble tea, do you want to go for a movie later?
Bubble tea: Hmm… You want to date me? I still don’t know about my schedule.
Zhu Zai: Then it’s okay.
Lollipop: Zhu Zai, come over. This sister of mine isn’t easy to woo. You must try hard. I feel that she has somebody in her heart already. So you really have to try your best.
Ulysses: Hey guys, I know we are knocking off in 20 minutes but these 20 minutes you don’t need to work?
Lollipop: Oops, we start working.
Won Xin enters the restaurant
Won Xin: Ulysses!
Zhu Zai: Mr. Won!
Ulysses: Sir, how many people?
Won Xin: (Shocked) 1 person!
Ulysses: Lollipop, take his order.
Lollipop: Huh?
Ulysses: Do I need to speak in another language?

(Next episode will be uploaded on 6/11)

No comments: